New Protocols due to COVID-19
We have implemented the suggested new guidelines directed by the College of Dental Surgeons, Worksafe BC and the provincial health officer in order to keep both patients and staff safe during the Covid 19 pandemic. The following are a list of the changes we’ve made and the expectations we have of you to keep both our staff and other patients safe in our office. If you are a new patient you are welcome to call the office but may be scheduled in a few weeks due to the fact that we have been closed and need to catch up with existing patients.
- Please DO NOT come to your appointment if you have any of the following symptoms: fever, new or worsening cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, runny nose/sneezing, loss of sense of smell, or fatigue. Also if you have recently traveled overseas or to other areas within Canada, we advise you to wait 14 days until you book your appointment. It is very important that you respect these guidelines and not attend the office if you are ill. You will not be charged a missed or cancellation fee if you need to change your appointment due to illness but please give us as much notice as possible.
- We ask that you only make appointments either over the phone or by email at this time.
- Please arrive at the office wearing a mask.
- We ask that you arrive on time to your scheduled appointment. The door may be locked but someone will be at the door shortly to let you into the waiting room.
- You will be screened for symptoms over the phone when making your appointment, 48 hrs before your appointment, and when you arrive at the office.
- Upon arrival you will be asked to wash your hands with sanitizer and have your temperature checked.
- You will be brought back to the operatory and perform a 1 minute rinse with 1% hydrogen peroxide before the dentist/hygienist or assistant updates your medical history and addresses your dental concerns.
- At the end of the appointment we have you sanitize your hands once again before leaving the operatory to go back to the waiting room.
- Please only use our clinic washroom if absolutely necessary and you may want to bring your own water/entertainment as we have had to remove our water cooler and magazines/toys from our waiting room during this time.
We know this is a little bit different than what you are used to but we ask for your patience with these new protocols. They have been implemented to keep you and our staff safe and we look forward to seeing you at your next appointment.